Friday, December 29, 2017

Skitarii Ranger Kill Team and Other Seasonal Delights

We are well and truly back into the deep freeze...



It's been like this all week.

I have to admit I've been a little jealous looking at all the green trees in the background of the pictures Millsy posted the other day...



It sure is pretty out, though...

The windchill was -42°C on Boxing Day and Amanda forbade me from taking the kids to the Dragon's Den Boxing Day Sale.



So off I went all on my own.

It was pretty busy there.



This is where I joined the queue after collecting up all the goodies on our collective wishlists. Took half an hour to get to the till and pay for it all...



The loot I hauled home for me and the kids.



Our kitchen is now ALMOST complete - complete enough that we moved all the kitchen stuff back upstairs and even cooked a few meals in there (the only outstanding item is the tile backsplash that needs to be installed).



With all of that stuff out of the basement our hobby room is once again a hobby room and not an auxiliary kitchen and our hobby table is once again a hobby table and not a dining/storage table - so we finally got to do some assembling and painting this week! WOO! (oh, I've still been painting over the last four months, obviously, but that's because I have a permanent painting station set up elsewhere in the house. The kids only get to work on the hobby table and while it was an auxilliary dining table, if they wanted to paint they could have - but they would have had to haul all the stuff out of their rooms and get it set up and do the painting that they wanted to do, but when they were done they'd have to clear it up and put it all away... so they kind of just didn't bother doing ANY painting at all for the last four or five months...).



This week I took a break from John's Shadespire minis and cranked out these Skitarii Rangers he's planning to use in my upcoming Shadow War: Armageddon campaign. I think this is the first time I've bothered to use decals on miniatures. They seem to have worked okay. I tried to muddy up the tails of their long coats a bit - make them look a little battleworn and like they've been out "in the sh!t" for some time...

Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have a few posts planned for the next few days; A December Boardgame Round-Up, a Look Back at 2017, Game Plan 2018, Maybe one more post of painted things... but don't count on that...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a seriously busy hobby table... it manages to make mine look tidy. ;-)...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this is only ONE of the hobby tables in the house...

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see your in your kitchen! Good to get the hobby room back too, the rangers look great, rather you than me with all that snow but I guess it goes with the territory !
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain!

      They were forecasting windchill of -50°C for today!? I have books and DVDs due at the library today, but I may just say "Eff It!" and pay the late fees!

      Delete
  3. My partner Amanda grew up in Windsor, Ontario - just across the river from Detroit. She came to Saskatchewan for grad school. Her first winter here was a bit eye-opening - but for some reason she stayed (though from time to time, in mid winter, she's been known to say "WHY THE HELL DO WELIVE HERE!?"

    ReplyDelete