Thursday, June 20, 2013

Great War German Jägers

I may have mentioned I’ve been watching the second season of Game of Thrones this week. All the intrigue and politics and back-stabbing really reminds me of the various Hordes of the Things campaigns I’ve run, and that’s got me thinking… Maybe more on that later…

And what is with all the Great War Fantasy figures all of a sudden!? Hasslefree Miniatures is making English Halflings and Tsarist Dwarves and Black Hat Miniatures is making German Goblins and FRENCH Halflings!? Did I miss the memo stating that this is now “a thing”? Is there a specific set of Weird War One rules out there that people are using them for? Are there MORE of them out there!? This is one of those things that I just can’t decide if it’s awesome or just daft. It’s a fine line.

In the meantime I’ve finished up a few more Great War Germans…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Great War German Jägers from Wargames Foundry. Most plates seem to show them in more of a green coloured uniform. Some look just a greener grey-green feldgrau, others I’ve seen look almost dark green or rifle green!? I went with the greener grey-green feldgrau – which happens to be the feldgrau I use for mid-late WW2 Germans…


A casualty from the same line.

This finishes up the early war Germans that I have. At some point I’d like to add some 1914 regular German infantry, but that will probably have to wait until the new year (conveniently, Renegade Miniatures usually has their 5-for-4 sale around that time…)

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

There are a number of odd and sundry things polluting the temporary workbench… Martian colonial troops… zombies… Great War French…. Masai warriors… Elves… Whatever shall I do next!?  

6 comments:

  1. Gnome Wars from Brigade Games is derived from the WW1 Trench Wars rules set and could easily add the goblins, halflings, and other fantasy ilk (I used Eureka Teddy Bears as stand ins for Askaris in my Great War East Africa games).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on these Jägers. Really like your colour choice for the uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out as well.

      Delete
  3. Well done Tim. Really like these guys!

    ReplyDelete