Friday, September 28, 2012

Australian SAS in Vietnam


Inspired by Wednesdays game... another team of figures rolls off the workbench…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


The figures are Vietnam ANZACs from The Assault Group that I have attempted to paint up in US ERDL camouflage uniform for use as members of the Australian Special Air Service.

I have a few more ANZACs to paint up to complete two sections of regular infantry. Perhaps I should just pick up a couple more packs and make it a full platoon…?

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have some WW2 Soviets and PAVN on the workbench… a smattering of other modern items… hard to say which will get finished up next. 

6 comments:

  1. The grass tufts are very nice. Are they home made or a commercial product? They really make the basing pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob.

      They're pre-made tufts made by Army Painter.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Tim! I never thought of using the TAG figures as SAS...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, Lovely work. I've the FOA Australians and would work well with the Assault Group. I believe John will reopen his mail order next year. EBob are also in line to releasing Australians for Vietnam too.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work, camouflage is really great...

    ReplyDelete