Monday, February 14, 2011

King’s African Rifles Askaris

As promised some KAR Askaris to oppose The Germans

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The Askaris are some more of my own figures, the British sergeants are from Battle Honors.

This handful finishes off two units of fifteen (the officers are from Copplestone Castings):


I have another 30 primed and ready to paint to finish off another two units (well… 28 primed and ready, actually, the officers are already done). Hopefully I’ll have them done for next’s week 7th Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash.

I do also have a couple units of British regulars – so there’s no real rush on the askaris… What I DO need is some Indian troops… (Did I mention I have a birthday coming up…?)

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More KAR Askaris and sundry Africans and other Colonial/Great War soldiers….

2 comments:

  1. You are a machine these past two months. A great looking unit! Have you got a riverboat stuffed away somewhere in the basement for a scenario? African troops just scream riverboat to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at other's riverboats and plan (at some point) to scratch-build one.... or two... or...

    ReplyDelete